Speaking & Workshops
Below are a few topics that I regularly use and all of them can be tailored to your event. Think Outside the Blah & Learning to Become an Effective Leader are suitable for a lunch & learn, a keynote address or a half or a full day workshop.
The John Maxwell material is extensive and covers a wide range of personal and organizational leadership topics.
When we meet to discuss your event, I can guide you to a topic that will accomplish the goals for your training.
I look forward to a pleasant conversation and helping you and your organization begin to build leaders.
Think Outside the Blah
This interactive presentation is great fun and presents Mike’s driving purpose; to challenge people to step off their well-worn path, use their imagination to “Think Outside the Blah,” and leave a trail of inspirational leadership.
Take a look at the title slides for the Think Outside the Blah presentation. This will give you a sneak peek at the content.
Learning to Become an Effective Leader
This presentation focuses on Mike’s top five picks of qualities a leader must have.
Attitude – which inspires others, Knowledge – which enlightens others, Relationships – which engages others, Mentoring – which teaches others, and Legacy – which leaves something for others.
John Maxwell Leadership Programs
As a Certified John Maxwell Coach, Trainer and Speaker, I offer customized presentations to fit your individual or team’s needs and budget such as:
“Lunch and Learn”
Half day and full day workshop/seminar
In-house corporate training
Executive and personal retreat
I will provide effective team communication and structure that is important for forging relationships equipping your team with the proper attitudes to develop leaders within. We will work through goal setting and communication exercises that will bring cohesiveness to your group ultimately increasing productivity due to the positive influences each member will have on the group as a whole.
In addition, I will at your request, incorporate your organization’s meeting theme, mission/vision statement or build on your existing training schedule to best fit the needs of your group.
Design Your Own Leadership Program
One of Mike’s greatest assets is the ability to listen and understand what your organization’s leadership goals are & then build a custom program to accomplish them.
Give us some basic information in the form on the right so Mike can meet you & help you begin the process.
Click on the “More Info” below to get a brief summary of how Mike approaches designing your program.
My Approach to Leadership Development Programs
Here are some key points I believe are essential
- Since every organization’s needs may be different or unique, I do not have a “standard” leadership program I use. Based on what is needed to accomplish the program’s goals, I build a program to achieve these goals.
- The program development process begins by asking the question, “what is it we expect the participants to do and what will be the effect of their improved performance after the learning experience?”
- Another question is, “what are the expected business outcomes and how will they be measured?”
These are some important key elements that the program needs to include:
The program information should clearly state the benefits and outline the path of improvement for the participant.
- There should be an element of pre-instruction preparation for the participants.
- The learning experience should be participatory and interactive and supplemented with group interaction post-workshop.
- There should be in the course design a defined period after the workshop to facilitate the application of the course concepts to allow them to transfer what they learned to the job function.
- The program provides a method for continual learning and possibly higher levels of instruction.
Basic Program Development Steps
- Assessment of the type of training needed
- Define the education process and determine the course material that would achieve the program goals
- Develop or adapt the course material
- Program testing and evaluation
- Finalize and produce all presentation and course materials